In the European Parliament (2011-2014) I worked as a Chair of Iran delegation and a member of the Committees for Foreign Affairs (AFET) and Security and Defence (SEDE). I was a Spokesperson on Security and Defence for the Greens in the EP. I was also a substitute member of the Russia delegation and of the NATO delegation.
Here are a few of the issues
I focus on in my work:
The European Idea
The European Parliament should actively contribute to developing further EU's common security and defence policy (CSDP). European defence should be a common priority for the member states.
Disarmament process should include tactical nuclear weapons. Russian and NATO tactical nuclear weapons should be removed from Europe.
Middle East and nuclear security
I strongly support the idea of a nuclear free Middle East. I believe dialogue and effective diplomacy is key to resolving security issues in the region.
The EU and Russia
The EU needs to formulate a proactive and constructive policy towards Russia.
- New affiliation at SIPRI 10.3.2015 News
- The Guardian: Chief judge condemns EU 'interference' in human rights as arrogance 10.4.2014 News
- Iran's decision to cancel parliamentary meeting with the EU regrettable 9.4.2014 Press release
- New avenues for the EU's relations with Iran 3.4.2014 Press release
- Euronews: Is Iran Serious about a Deal on its Nuclear Programme 13.3.2014 News
- Pourquoi les économies occidentales ont intérêt au retour de l'Iran dans leur camp 12.3.2014 News
- Ashton's visit to Iran highly significant 9.3.2014 Press release
- En ny människorättsdialog med Iran? 3.3.2014 Speech
- Iran talks: Encouraging, keep moving towards final agreement 20.2.2014 Press release
- Debrefing Iran delegation visit - Tarja Cronberg (EN) 22.1.2014 News
- Tarja Cronberg/TheGuardian: EU doesn't need a new approach to Iran - it just needs an approach 20.1.2014 News
- Iran: Hope Is in the Air 20.1.2014 News
- Member States Want EU Embassy in Iran, MEP says 27.12.2013 News
- EP Iran delegation visit to Iran 18.12.2013 Press release
- Landmark deal a diplomatic success for EU 26.11.2013 Press release
- Ending Iran's isolation 24.11.2013 Press release
- EP supports opening of EU delegation in Iran 24.10.2013 Press release
- A new start: the EU should establish a representation in Iran 18.10.2013 Speech
- EU should open a representation in Iran 16.10.2013 Press release
- EU sanctions are no substitute for real diplomacy on Iran 3.4.2013 Speech
- Is Europe Iran's new enemy? 24.2.2013 Speech
- The nuclear weapons in the multipolar world 21.2.2013 Speech
Suomi / Finland
Philip de Langesalle 5a
1435 Copenhagen, Denmark